Wedding Trends 2016: Wedding Venue Wishlist
- Big windows. Those floor-to-ceiling windows add elegance to a wedding ballroom or the outside areas of a wedding venue. During the daytime, they let in plenty of natural light, and during an evening wedding, they add intimacy to the wedding via the dark of night. Or they may show off the beautiful lighting of the venue’s gardens and grounds. Oversized windows are also a choice location for taking wedding portraits, with that perfect natural lighting making you look more radiant, and they’re also a prime location for First Looks photos. According to the wedding survey site The Wedding Report, 40.5% of wedding couples prefer wedding venues with oversized windows.
- A view. From a terrace or through those big windows, it’s important to have a stunning view of the wedding venue’s grounds and garden, as well as the scenery beyond the grounds. A beautiful view adds extra magic to an outdoor garden wedding or an outdoor cocktail party or reception.
- Gardens. Many wedding couples consider blooming gardens to be their top choice for a wedding ceremony or the setting for their cocktail party before they and their guests move into the wedding ballroom for the reception. Beautifully-designed and maintained gardens are a hallmark of the best wedding venues in NJ, since we are so lucky to have such a wonderful climate for growing a vast range of plants, flowering trees, and flowers. Water features such as ponds, reflecting pools and fountains complete the sense of being transported to a European garden (without the long flight and travel hassles.)
- Beautiful architecture. From a domed ceiling to ornate details on a fireplace, romantic balconies and elegant doorways, the architecture and design inside a ballroom is a top priority for couples who want to marry in a beautiful wedding ballroom at a breathtaking wedding location.
- Updated and modern décor. Worn-out rugs will not do, nor will dated carpeting, so couples are looking for the best wedding venues in NJ to be modern and perfected in design and function.
- Chandeliers. Wedding couples have been inspired by Pinterest wedding photos, and one of the top wedding décor trends is flower-décor on dramatic chandeliers, or floral installations designed above the dance floor. Hanging florals are one of the top 2016 wedding trends, both inside a wedding ballroom and outside in the gardens.
- An attractive cocktail party area. Where guests will experience the venue’s fabulous catering makes all the difference, with this setting – indoors our outside – ranking high on wedding couples’ priority lists, and they want more than enough room for all of their guests to easily find seating so that they can enjoy the cocktail party fare and drinks.
- Stellar food. The menu makes the wedding, so a top trend in wedding venues is the site’s reputation for exceptional wedding catering, top chefs, creative food presentation, and a wide variety of delectable and memorable food items.
- Privacy. The best wedding venues take their wedding couples’ wishes for privacy seriously, making them the stars of the day, and protecting them from onlookers and party crashers. It’s also important to provide the wedding couple with an elegant bridal suite where they can spend some private time together after the ceremony, as well as a place for the bride to dress and take photos.
- Accessibility. Guests who have mobility issues will need to access all areas of the wedding venue easily, so this is a top concern for wedding couples who have elderly, disabled, pregnant and injured guests who they want to move about comfortably.