Top Wedding Rental Trends
When you book your wedding at a top wedding venue, you enjoy many wedding perks, including having access to your wedding venue’s supply of china, stemware, tables and chairs, table linens – often in a variety of beautiful, designer styles and colors. Top wedding venues’ wedding packages will let you pick from a sizeable menu of tabletop choices and other wedding reception essentials, without needing to spend any extra money from your wedding budget on these particular items.
You can often, of course, arrange to rent your choices of china, table linen, chairs and other items according to your style wishes, provided you discuss your wedding rental wishes with your wedding venue manager before investing in hundreds of tables, chairs, glasses and trendy dessert plates. Your wedding team can advise you, then, on a drop-off/pickup schedule for your wedding rental items as well as any restrictions they have on any particular types of wedding rentals.
Here are some of the top wedding rental trends for 2014 and 2015:
- Romantic colors: When choosing a wedding color scheme, more couples are opting for blush tones, like nude, pink, and peach, and dressing up those shades with some sparkle. So that means wedding linens in blush shades with sparkly or metallic accents being rented now, or chosen from a wedding venue’s supply.
- Gold-trimmed. Chine patterns and glassware now have an opulent feel, with gold-toned edges and rims.
- Vintage. The vintage wedding look is still a top wedding trend, especially when a wedding venue has a romantic look to its existing architecture and décor. The vintage wedding trend brings in lots of lace and pearls on linens and fabric décor, and vintage furniture rentals add in Victorian-style couches and furniture for your wedding venue’s specially designed gathering areas. Additional vintage wedding rentals include Chivari chairs, oversized mirrors, tables, screens and stands, photo frames and wedding birdcages.
- Lighting. Rental companies now offer a variety of specialty lighting fixtures, like chandeliers, string lights, uplights and other lighting details to add dimension to your wedding ballroom, and accent the beauty of your wedding cake, wedding florals, family photo table and your space as a whole. Projected lighting effects can fill your wedding ballroom’s ceiling with a ‘starry night sky’ effect or any custom lighting effects you desire.
- Wedding photo booths. These interactive photo features have been a top wedding trend for a few years, and now photo booth rental companies in NJ are adding new features to make them even better for weddings. Some companies have added the ability to add a vintage filter to wedding photo booth pictures, and you’ll also find the new wedding trend of video photo booths.
- Food features. You might choose to rent food carts, which are a top wedding trend for the cocktail hour or dessert hour, or specialty food features like a popcorn machine, NJ boardwalk-style cotton candy machine, and more.
- Additional linens: Table runners are one of the top wedding décor trends, bringing extra color, patterns and texture to your guest tables. You might use your wedding venue’s classic table linens, and then ‘accessorize’ them with your rented table runners in such top trend table runner styles as metallic, sequined, animal-print, ruffled, embroidered, damask-pattern (one of the top wedding patterns of 2014-2015) and other styles and colors to suit your wedding theme. When your wedding venue is luxurious and opulent, you’ll surely choose your table runner rentals to coordinate with the entire style of your wedding ballroom, for a unified look that’s truly breathtaking, whether your wedding takes place in daytime or nighttime.
- Games: If you’ll have an outdoor wedding or host your wedding ceremony, cocktail party or reception at a garden wedding venue, one of the top trends in wedding rentals is outdoor games, such as personalized or themed cornhole, bocce, croquet and other games that add a Shakespearean or Great Gatsby-style feeling to your outdoor wedding festivities. Guests enjoy the fun interaction with their fellow wedding guests, while servers circulate with trays of champagne and hors d’oeuvres for a high society wedding experience.
- Potted trees. Following the top wedding trend of ‘bring the outside in,’ more wedding couples are renting potted plants from the best NJ garden centers and nurseries, creating a lush garden feel inside their wedding venue, and coordinating with the beautiful wedding gardens outside the venue.
- Signs: Top wedding pins on Pinterest show beautiful wedding signs suiting the wedding theme, and these can be made, purchased or rented to add pretty décor and helpful directional signs to your wedding venue’s grounds.
Just be sure when you do place your wedding rentals order that you know all the rules about delivery and pickup, and if you’ll have a volunteer return your rental items for you, what time all rentals have to be back at the rental company office in order to prevent your being charged a late fee or second-day rental if returned after deadline.